Grandmaster Hargrave's Tulsa Martial Arts - The Bruce Lee Connection
No Contracts - No Tournament Play Karate - No Sport Karate - No "Black Belt Club" gimmicks - No Thousand Dollar Up Front Payments
We teach you or your child how to avoid a fight and if that fails how to win the fight.
We will get you fit and healthy, not try to kill you with a bootcamp workout where you get injured and can no longer train.
"You WILL be able to easily handle a serious bad guy that is larger and stronger than you in six months, I guarantee it!!! Nowwhere else can you get this kind of training" Professor Hargrave
Professor Carter Hargrave's Kempo Karate System is the basis for the United States Marines Training Program.
First, we are Tulsa's only school that does not bow down to pictures, idols, or foreign flags.
Best Of Tulsa 2013 Award
See Grandmaster Carter Hargrave in This Issue of Oklahoma Magazine
Click Cover To Read
The state of martial arts in America is not what it should be. In Japan to even open a school you must be a Master Instructor (Fifth Degree Black Belt). In Oklahoma you would be hard pressed to find a school with a single Master Instructor in any city. To even rank to Black Belt you must be a Second Degree Black, and many schools don't even have that minimum qualification. How sad.
Ask yourself this question. Do you want to be taught by some guy at a strip mall with who knows what or where his training came from. To be taught by a non Black Belt, or do you want a direct line of training to the ultimate Martial Artist Bruce Lee. At Hargrave Martial Arts you get the Bruce Lee training and a official worldwide recognized certificate. You don't have to settle for less.
Classes taught by Tulsa's only Grandmaster 10th Degree Black Belt
The following is used with permission from TulsaMartialArts.com
First a few things to look out for when choosing a martial art school
While one bad thing may send up a red flag, two or more look elsewhere.
1. A guaranteed black belt- There are no guarantees on passing tests in the real world.
2. Time in grade / rank promotions- Just being there shouldn't get you higher rank or allow you to pass tests.
3. High pressure used car sales techniques offering special limited time pricing with up front payments
4. Telling you that what they teach is perfect for all things and situations. No art is good for everything. They were either designed for defense or tournaments not both.
5. They do not belong to a recognized martial arts association and are local only, and do not offer association membership for their students.
6. They do not have rank certificates, or if they do they come only from the school or head instructor. Rank certificates should come from a recognized international association which students must join to be accredited. If not, the school makes the certificates themselves. Kind of like you being able to print your own money. This is one of the reasons Congress is considering national regulation of the martial arts industry.
7. Belt tests- Many schools charge for belt tests, just don't let it get out of hand. The usual is between 10 and 20 tests to first degree black. We have heard of as many as 60 to 80 incremental tests to black belt. Beware
8. There are many colors of belts in the martial arts, camouflage is not one of them. Good grief.
9. If the classes are all workout and little martial arts instruction; congratulations you are in an aerobics class!
10. An instructors students are like apples that fall from a tree. Sure there will be some bad ones (they cant perform the martial arts moves well) as any quality instructor tries to help those who need him / her most, but the majority of the class members will give you an indication of what to expect. Look at the high ranking students. If they can take care of business (you know what we mean) then you can expect they will get you to that level. On the other hand if you see the blackbelts in action and think to yourself that the average bad guy could beat that black belt, then run for the door.
A good rule of thumb to find out more about a style is to go online and type the style followed by .org in your web browser. The .org's are usually the authority on the style.
We hope this helps you find a quality school no matter where you are.
And YES we are Tulsa's only Christian Martial Arts School
(A Psalm of David.) Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight
These are a few of Carter Hargrave Martial Arts students who have used their martial arts skill I have taught them to defend their lives. Many of them are beginners who if they were taking lessons somewhere else would not have survived.
11 yr old student severely bullied at school on a daily basis by larger stronger student. Student (yellow belt) after having his lunch tray dumped on the floor yet again, in front of entire grade (and principle) in lunch room struck bully in throat and took him to the floor. My student was suspended for a few days, but immediately after the school principle whispered "that was cool, where did you learn that".
7 yr old student attacked on school bus with scissors. Student (yellow belt) disarmed attacker and took him to the bus floor.
10 yr old student attacked by a 12 yr old with a hammer. Student (yellow belt) disarmed attacker and slammed him on the ground.
Attempted car jacking in Tulsa bank parking lot. Student (brown belt) disabled armed attacker who suffered from groin and bleeding face injuries.
Attempted car jacking in Tulsa Target parking lot. Attacker stabbed at student (orange belt) injuring his favorite shirt, Student took knife from attacker, stabbed him in the butt and waited for police who arrested attacker who had 8 arrest warrants.
Student was filling up with gas at QT in mid town when he felt man stealing his wallet. Student (orange belt stripe) struck the assailant in the face and then took him to the pavement. Tulsa police were in the parking lot and saw the incident and picked the injured attacker up off the ground and helped him to jail.
Student was filling up with gas at Texaco in south Tulsa when a very large hostile yelling man attempted to grab student. Student (orange belt) knocked the much larger attacker unconscious as he fell to the ground. Texaco attendant said there had been problems before with this individual.
Student was on vacation in New York when he was stabbed by a robber in the shoulder. Student (brown belt) struck mugger rupturing his ear and injuring his arm as he took him to the ground. Police arrested attacker after the hospital stay.
Female student was attacked in her south Tulsa apartment late one night. The student heard the attacker at her bedroom window after he had cut the screen and opened it. As he attempted to climb in she grabbed him by the back of the neck and punched him in the face repeatedly, then slammed his head into the window sill repeatedly. He fell outside and rolled around in the flowers and shrubs then stumbled away badly beaten and bleeding.
When crime and violence comes to you, will you be ready?
My students are. Professor Carter Hargrave
For Kempo Karate and Bruce Lee Martial Arts in Tulsa
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Martial Arts Tulsa
Tulsa Martial Arts - Tulsa Karate- Karate Tulsa